1. Case Management for the Men's Emergency Shelter.
2. Conduct intake interviews for the Men's Emergency Shelters.
3. Problem solve with other staff to resolve client issues.
4. Meet all standards expressed by ESG including program goals.
5. Maintain communication with the Emergency Shelter Manager as to the progress of the clients.
6. Ensure that case management focus is on participant goals for self-sufficiency, i.e. housing,
employment, sobriety, resource building, budgeting, etc.
7. Seek out and mainstream resources, and consistently offer them to participants, as needed.
8. Maintain accurate case notes and filing system.
9. Attend meetings of Social Services staff.
10. Attend trainings at the request of the Emergency Shelter Manager.
11. Ensure client and house safety by having an active presence.
12. Act as a liaison between shelter residents and the community.
13. Meet with the Emergency Shelter Manager as needed.
14. Will work with HR to recruit and conduct interviews for Warming Center staffing.
16. Coordinate donations for the Winter Warming Center
17. Other duties as assigned
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Operate printers, copiers and FAX machine.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES/MENTAL DEMANDS:
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, light work (exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally), reading detailed work, maintain confidentiality, practice problem solving, verbal communications, written communication and effective listening.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Bachelor level education
Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) Knowledge of office procedures and equipment
Good people skills
Able to work independently
Positive customer-oriented attitude and being a team player