Job Summary: The primary job of the front counter is good customer service. Ringing up customer’s items, bagging items, giving back change and putting back items that do not sell. Keeping the clothing areas clean and organized.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Helping the customer with purchasing items
- Ringing up customer’s items and bagging those items
- Giving back change
- Keep the bags stocked below each register
- Keeping the front of the store clean and organized
- Keeping the dressing rooms picked up
- Keeping the shelves clean and organized
- Keeping the employee area behind the counter clean
- Keeping the toy area clean
- Keeping all glass and mirrors clean of fingerprints
- Breaking down your personal cash register each night
- Helping with changeover every 6 months
- Helping in other areas of the store as needed
Other Related Activities:
- Will be asked to do other duties that will progress the cause of St. Vincent de Paul.
Material and Equipment Used:
Credit card machine, cash register, calculator and copy machine
Physical Activities/Mental Demands:
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, light work (exerting up to 25 lbs. of force), reading detailed work confidently, problem solving, language, stress, training, math, reasoning, verbal communications, written communication, customer contact ,multiple concurrent tasks and interruptions.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Must have excellent customer service skills
Must have a valid drivers license
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Must be able to bend and lift with out a problem
Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time
Must be able to work independently
Must be a team player