Social Services Case Manager
Department: Social Services | Pay: DOE | Location:
The Social Service Intern works directly with and reports to the Social Service Programs Director. The caseworker will primarily work with clients in the Angel Arms/ Healing Hearts/First Step and the Emergency Shelters. The caseworker will perform case management to support the program participants to increase self-sufficiency, with the goal of significantly minimizing the participants’ chances of future homelessness.
The caseworker will work with other case managers in the organization and may also work with landlords and property management companies that partner with the programs. The caseworker will also work with probation and parole, and other local agencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: * Case Management assistance for Angel Arms Singles & Families/Healing Hearts/First Step Permanent Housing Program and Emergency Shelters.
· Conduct intake interviews for Angel Arms Singles & Families/ Healing Hearts/First Step
Permanent Housing Program and Emergency Shelters.
· Problem solve with other staff to resolve tenant issues.
· Meet all standards expressed by HUD, VA and COC including program goals.
· Maintain communication with the Social Service Programs Director and Emergency
Shelter Manager as to the progress of the clients.
· Ensure that case management focus is on participant goals for self-sufficiency, i.e.
housing, employment, sobriety, resource building, budgeting, etc
· Seek out and become familiar with mainstream resources, and consistently offer them to
participants, as needed.
· Maintain a complete and accurate case notes and filing system.
· Attend meetings of social service staff as needed.
· Attend trainings at the request of the Social Service Programs Director/ Emergency
· Ensure client safety and house safety by having an active presence.
· Act as a liaison between St Vincent de Paul North Idaho, residents and the community. as
· Meet with Social Service Programs Director/ Emergency Shelter Manager, as needed.
· Build and maintain relationships with landlords/property managers
· Other duties as assigned.
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITIES:
1. Will be asked to do other duties that will progress the cause of St. Vincent de Paul
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Various computer programs including Microsoft Office, P, printers, and skill to operate copiers,
SARA. and FAX machine.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES/MENTAL DEMANDS:
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking,
hearing, repetitive motions, light work (exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally), reading
detail work confidently, SARA program, confidentiality, problem solving, language, stress,
training, math, reasoning,
verbal communications, written communication, effective listening, customer contact, multiple
concurrent tasks, constant interruptions.